Green packaging. Sustainable packaging. Eco friendly labels and packaging. These are just a few of the catch phrases companies are using to refer to packaging and materials that are less harmful toward the environment.
According to the Sustainable Packaging Coalition, sustainable packaging is:
- Beneficial, safe & healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle
- Meets market criteria for both performance and cost;
- Is sourced, manufactured, transported, and recycled using renewable energy;
- Optimizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials;
- Is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices;
- Is made from materials healthy throughout the life cycle;
- Is physically designed to optimize materials and energy;
- Is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial closed loop cycles
There has been a growing movement by companies to use eco-friendly labels and packaging, a movement that is expected to increase in 2013.
Companies like Bodylogix, a natural protein powder, are revitalizing their brands and separating their products from the other “ho-hum” items on the shelves by launching eco-friendly, convention-busting packaging.
With the growing awareness about the importance of sustainable packaging, it’s more important than ever to consider switching to eco-friendly custom labels. Not only will you do your part to reduce your footprint on our environment, you will help boost your brand’s image. Likewise, noting on your custom labels that you use biodegradable packaging is a great way to boost sales and set your product apart from the rest on the store shelves.
Contact us today to learn more about using eco-friendly custom labels and sustainable packaging.