One of my New Year’s resolutions is to be more organized in 2013. However, this statement begs the question, “why wait”? When it comes to getting organized, there really is no time like the present, especially when it comes to your workspace. A clean, organized workplace results in more efficiency (not to mention peace of mind). Use these great tips from Entrepreneur.com to get your office in order today!
- File must-have documents. Go through all the paperwork on and in your desk and throw away (or possibly shred) what you don’t need. Box up or file the documents that you need to keep. Make sure the boxes are labeled clearly or that you have file folder labels that are easily identifiable. Avoid wasting time sifting through paperwork by keeping everything clearly labeled and organized so that the most used documents are the most accessible.
- Get rid of the clutter. It’s definitely guilty of cluttering my desktop, although I seem to manage to keep it confined to paper trays. Go through anything on your desk and banish unnecessary items. Use trays to maintain an organizational system so that you avoid having items spread about on your desk.
- File regularly. Filing away the must-keep items one time won’t be enough to keep your desk orderly. It’s important to stay on top of filing. The best way is to schedule time to sort through paperwork and file away items daily (or at least weekly). Consider purchasing a label printer like the LabelWriter to print labels quickly and easily, right from your desktop.
- Everything in its place. There may be items you just need to have on your desk, such as a phone charger, a reference book, or another regularly used item. Consider purchasing storage containers or stackable trays. Make sure everything on your desk has a designated location where it rests anytime you aren’t using it.
- Your off-the-desk management system. Evaluate all the items that you removed from your desk that you don’t use regularly as well as the other items throughout your office. Establish what method of organization will work best for those items, whether it be a filing cabinet, book shelves, or some other organizational tools.
Ready to get organized today? Visit LabelValue.com to stock up on address labels for labeling boxes, filing cabinets, shelves or folders.